Research: Apply for a Grant
Application forms can be downloaded below. If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grants are provided by North West Cancer Research to fund cancer research across three main areas: Basic, Translational and Preventative. The research must be carried out in the North West of England or North Wales. All research project grant applications are evaluated in the light of external peer review.
- The research must be carried out in the North West of England, North or Mid-Wales (Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cheshire, North Staffordshire, to the West of a line drawn from Appleby to Bolton to Newcastle-Under-Lyme. And Mid-Wales to the North of a line drawn from Newcastle-Under-Lyme through Welshpool, Market Drayton and Machynlleth).
- Applications muct be limited to 2,000 words. relevant papers in press or papers submitted should be included as an appendix.
- Applications must be submitted by one of the following deadline dates: 1 April and 1 October. Late applications will not be considerewd and will be held over to the following meeting.
- Applications are to be submitted to Dominique Hare, North West Cancer Research, NWCR Centre, 200 London Road, Liverpool L3 9TA. One original copy is required and, in addition, and email pdf. Copy should be sent to email@example.com.
- Consideration will be given for financial support for research project grants. this is the normal mode of research support. project grants are normally awarded for three years and are subject to satisfactory review at the end of the first and final year. Project grants may be provided to support students undertaking research in cancer leading to a higher degree. Previous experience in mentoring students must be demonstarted in your application. Student stipend is set at £19,000 per annum.
- At each submission deadline only one application, per applicant named as the primary applicant will be considered. One additional application per applicant named as the co-applicant can also be considered.